A professional and enthusiastic Group Building Control Surveyor is required to join a strong, high performing, forward thinking team providing a full range of Building Control services for the Council.
The Building Control service is managed via a partnership with Capita and this post is a Council post seconded to Capita.
The ideal candidate will be an ambitious, self-motivated professional with relevant level of qualifications and managerial experience. It is expected that if a management qualification is not already held, appropriate training will be undertaken.
We are offering a competitive salary and support with respect to both academic and professional qualifications (RICS/CABE/CIOB).
If you think you have the skills and positive attitude required then we would like to hear from you.
For an informal discussion please contact Craig Gill, Building Surveying Manager on 0191 643 6016 or via email at email@example.com
Please be advised that this position will require a check from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
North Tyneside Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
In addition, staff and volunteers are expected to familiarise themselves with all relevant policies, procedures and guidance in relation to safeguarding children and safe practice with vulnerable adults. Within North Tyneside, safeguarding is everybody’s business.
- Deputise for Building Surveying Manager and take a lead role in the operational management of the Building Control service area.
- Represent Building Control at Senior Management level.
- Represent Building Control at Inter–departmental meetings / advisory groups and Tyne & Wear B.C representative groups where required.
- Support Building Surveying Manager in management of Building Control budget and financial analysis. – in line with budgetary responsibilities of first-line managers.
- Supervision and direction of staff in all areas of Building Control – leading and coordinating Surveyors with plan examination, site inspections, means of escape from fire solutions, dangerous structures and demolition procedures.
- To be responsible for the training of all BC staff as required and students who may be assigned to Building Control.
- Direct responsibility in analysis of workload to achieve all current Building Control performance standards with regard to plan assessment and site inspections.
- To be responsible for the implementing and leading of pre-submission discussions/meetings with architects/developers.
- To be responsible for the plan examination of all Building Regulation applications.
- Attend Magistrates Court and Committees and preparation of reports - for Building Control or associated matters as required.
- To play a lead role in the marketing of the Building Control service - relating to present/future clients together with representation at regional B.C level.
- To be responsible for leading BC team in new legislation /policies.
- To play a lead role in the development and implementation of BS EN ISO 9001 Quality Standards protocols.
- To provide general quality advice to customers of the Building Control service.
- To liaise as necessary with the Building Control team, representatives of other Directorates and outside agencies in undertaking duties.
- To lead and assist the Building Control team in dealing with correspondence and other written information and maintain records where necessary.
- To play a lead role in Out of Hours Emergency formal Call –Out rota in conjunction with Building Surveying Manager and Senior B.C.Surveyors – to attend incidents as required where a possible dangerous building/structure exists.
- To assist the Building Surveying Manager in managing growth work as a requirement of the Capita/NTC partnership agreement.
- To undertake any other duties that may arise appropriate to the job purpose and grade as may be allocated.
Permanent, 37 hours per week
Casual car user allowance
Flexi-time scheme in operation
Post is part of the emergency call out rota for dangerous structures